1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting my first car tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassplayer1494, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Today i went out with my dad and looked at a 1993 Acura Integra Ls. I saw the ad on craigslist and i was intrigued. Originally i wanted a Honda but Acura is basically the same thing as a Honda(with a few differences) and Honda's have been going like crazy where i live so i thought i search up Acura.
    Anyways, we looked at the car and cosmetically its not too bad, has some rust spots but nothing too bad. It ran really nice, does need a muffler and tail pipe but still ran great. Motor was swapped out for a Honda motor and i have to say for having 166k on it it sounded nice, didnt knock at all. One thing though is that sometimes when its put into park it doesnt always lock into park but it has an e brake. Besides these little fixes, its a great car. The guy wanted 1200 or best offer so we offered him 900 and he took it. Has an r-title though but it did pass inspection recently and it seems like a nice car so this shouldn't be that big of an issue. I didnt go to the bank because it was closed that day but i had some cash on me so i gave him $20 as a "down payment" and ill give him the rest tomorrow. I really feel proud of myself buying this because i worked for over a half a year to save the cash to but my first car and i didn't borrow any money from my family i wanted to buy it on my own. I think that if i put a couple hundred dollars into this car i can make it a real nice car. Did i mention it gets good gas mileage, it gets about 30 highway/22 city. Well thought id share this with you guys, thanks for reading.

2. congrats! watch the transmission closely (might be related to the whole park thing)

i had a 91 acura integra. good car. decent gas mileage, and fun to drive.

3. Oh nice! They seem like nice cars. The transmission seems fine though, shifts fine, it didnt show any signs of slipping. Hopefully its not to bad of a fix

4. yeah it could be nothing. the similar issue i had was on an old mercury. the automatic transmission slowly lost all forward gears. then one day i had to back the thing around the block to get back in my driveway. :oops: