Ghetto Pedals.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Who has a ghetto pedal? If so, tell us how ghetto it is.

I have a volume pedal so old, it requires no battery. I kid you not. It also has a built in patch cable.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a ghetto Morley A/B switch that I bought at a garage sale for $1. I have no idea if it works, although I plan on cleaning it up and checking it out tomorrow. It is ugly as sin, and weighs about 5 lbs. If it works, I am probably going to paint it some wild color and then relabel the inputs and switches either with a black marker or a paint pen.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have a ghetto EHX pedal that doesn't appear on any list I've ever seen.
    It combines a bigmuff-like fuzz, a reverb/sustainer knob and a crappy high pass-low pass filter.
    When you open it you discover that the circuit has been butchered, some components added and some over missing and replaced by a naked wire.

It sounds like total crap, when it decides to work.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got a 1976 Electro Harmonix Small Stone that was absolutely abused by it's previous owner. He removed the switch, broke the pot and removed random components from the board. Half the stuff on the board is 30 years old, some is only a few weeks old, but it works, and about the only thing left that's original is the switch and the IC.

The pot had been jerry rigged since I couldn't find one of the same phyiscal dimensions, with the long leads, so I have one being held in by washers, and wires going to the board.
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  6. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada

7. My pedals have 20" chrome wheels...fuzzy dice...little chain steering wheels...ghost flames painted on the sides...and the play subsonic bass beats while we're on break!

Now THAT's GHETTO!! :D
  8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY

I have 15 year old dod octoplus pedal. It's seen better days, but it's a great octaver. Turning up the level you could get a nice octaved distortion. Although maybe that was how I blew that old amp...

Also somewhere I have an even older Washburn chorus pedal.
  9. JES

JES Supporting Member

Not a pedal but I have an old Digitech DSP 128, which was a low end digital reverb in a bad era for digital reverbs. Thing is, it makes sounds unlike anything else I've used. So it's got its uses. . .

10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I wish I still had mine! The "bounce" function is sick, in a good way.
  11. prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    i have an unused Meatball that they are making again and it's so ghetto that I can't even sell it for $500.00
  12. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Another volume sans battery here!
  13. plumby1

Aug 21, 2004
    iv got a battered boss odb3 overdrive. that black rubber grip fell off the front i guess the glue must have perrished or someting. so i coloured it in :)
  14. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    my DOD FX25B doesnt always want to switch off, which can really be a pain in the ass when i dont want it on! no wonder the damn thing is going for 40 bucks now