1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gibson non reverse Thunderbird bass, 2013, Pelham Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RDB3, Jan 28, 2017.

1. RDB3

RDB3 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DC area
    Price:
    $1000.00
    Strings:
    I always hated the blacked-out scene of the last 20+ years of T Birds, so did this one up in chrome. Tuners, bridge, pickups. Looks a hell of a lot better. Super low action .. ok for a light touch like mine, but if you have a heavier right hand you will have to raise the strings. Good gig bag. Heavy-as-hell hard case is gone. $40 shipping. PayPal, please? DCP_0012.JPG

Attached Files:

TheMinutemen and MaddAnthony_59 like this.
  2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Chrome was the way to go. Super nice looking bass.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Is it just chrome covers over the factory pickups?

4. RDB3

RDB3 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DC area
    Yes, chrome over factory p/u. Considered Duncan and Thunderbuckers also. I am at 1100 shipped, which if you don't mind no original Heavy As Hell case, is a pretty good deal for Pel Blue all pimped out in chrome. Has a little bit of rash on the corner as shown.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  5. RDB3

RDB3 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DC area
    Anybody seen any CLEAN single p/u mid 60s NR Birds... refin and repaired headstock ok if price is right. Also any single p/u Greco reverse Birds. (in US)

6. RDB3

RDB3 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DC area
    Dropped price to a K. I gotta go back to short scale. Still one righteous Gibson bass.

7. Toptube

Toptube Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    send a message to user "GodofThunder". He seems to know where to get the vintage NR birds.

8. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I met RDB and played this bass recently - Nice guy, and the bass plays great and sounds great, but my left shoulder being made of fire and gravel means the reach on a 'bird is just too much.

GLWTS!