1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson T-1?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bopeuph, Sep 9, 2008.

1. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I was in Istanbul the other day, and there is literally a street lined with music stores. I'm talking dozens and dozens of stores right next to each other. Made it easy to find parts for my Epiphone.

Anyway, I was in one store, and was looking at a bass. It had a Gibson logo on it, and the model was a T-1. That is, if I remember all this correctly. It was a 24 fret, P/J style. If it gets set up right, I bet it would play nicely. I want to replace my Epiphone EBM with another P/J setup. I've never heard of this bass, and surfing the net showed nothing. I don't mind if it's a ripoff, but I'm not a luthier, and can't tell if this thing will fall apart in a month or something. Oh yeah, the price is $275.

Does anyone know of the bass or have any advice? I'd like to get it, and I will be in Istanbul again in three weeks. But I don't want to go from one bass that I don't like to another. I'm looking to find a P/J configuration where I can get the action as low as I can on my Geddy. But on my EBM, the action can't get that low without a new bridge. But I would need a new neck, since this one has a truss rod buzz, and the pickups are seated in a way that my thumb hits the corner of one of them when I slap the G string. This bass looks too good to be true.

Nick

2. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Any help here? Has anyone heard of the bass?

Nick

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Sent you a PM.

4. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    never heard of a T-1. can you get a photo of it?