Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gift ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bluntman_bass, Sep 18, 2004.

1. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    my girlfriend's birthday is coming up and i have no idea what to get her, if all else fails i figure i can fall back on jewelry but i thought i would ask for some good ideas. anything might help, thnx.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Uh yeah...since we all know her and her interests better than you we WOULD be the logical choice to ask, huh?

How about a nice new bass. What's your price range?

brad cook

3. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    i was just wondering if any body had done anything nice for their girlfriends for their birthday that they particularly liked. cool it dude.

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Get her this book.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm in the same situation

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    it would help to know how old you both are - where you see the relationship going, how long you have been going out, what you have gotten her before, what your price range is - details man, details

7. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    ok, im a sopmore and she is a freshman. we have only been dating for about three months now so i dont plan on spending a huge amount of money but i want to get her something nice. her fav colors are pink and black if that helps anything, she likes music (rock), bands like rolling stones or aerosmith and some newer bands. she loves animals, she likes sports, she likes movies.

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Go to Target. Trust me. Go to Target.

9. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Something homemade. I'm talking masculine arts and crafts. Are you good with wood? Carve something.

10. I'd be happy with a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers (preferrably not fake, though). It's more of the thought that really counts - a card could also work, but it's just a card... if you got me all three, I'd love ya forever. :D

:rolleyes: :p

11. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    are you talking high school or college when you say freshman and sophomore?

anything that shows you thought about it for more than 10 seconds is usually a good start

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Women love flowers, as far as I know.. So perhaps some of them and something small?

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    teddy bear?

not sure if they have these anymore, but two years ago this one girl at my high school got this talking bear with a barry white-type voice for her anniversary.

...and now that couple is married. i think. not sure if they still are. lol.

but that could be a safe bet.

14. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    high school

15. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ok, well i defer to steph on this one
    girls always know better than boys

16. Three months and you STILL don't know ANYTHING that she likes. Shoes, books, CD's, anything.

Triple Tsk!!

17. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    How about turning her on to some new music she may not know about. From the VERY short list of Music she's into (and because IMO they are VERY under-rated and FANTASTIC albums..) I would suggest:

Morning Wood: Fantastic acoustic rock album, great playing, great vocals, 5 originals and the rest are classic rock covers (Eagles, Nazareth, etc) Plus it's a cool subliminal band name!!!
    http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/HarnellMorning.htm

Westworld: Same Vocalist (Tony Harnell also from TNT, but they might not be her thing) Great Rock Band. Any or all of their CDs:

Westworld {ST}: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...45443/sr=ka-3/ref=pd_ka_3/002-9638573-5496020

Skin: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...45443/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-9638573-5496020

Cyberdream: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...45443/sr=ka-2/ref=pd_ka_2/002-9638573-5496020

I'm sure others can suggest others or if you can give us some others she listens to. I think (and my wife agrees) that there is no greater gift than being turned on to music you've never heard of before.

18. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    i just threw out a couple that she likes so u could get the idea of the kind of music she listens to. she also likes scorpions, pink floyd, smile empty soul, primus (I'm considering getting this one for her), ac/dc, tom petty, green day, red hot chili peppers, avenged sevenfold, trapt and regretfully she does like some country. thats all i can think of right now.

19. Well, I'm just saying that's what I'd like to receive.

Or you could take her out to dinner.

Yeah, actually that's not a bad idea - roses, chocolates, and dinner. d00d, you follow my plan, and you'll be happy by the end of the night. ;)

20. +1.. heck yeah listen to the lady.. she knows what shes talking about :cool: