Gig record help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JamieIsOnline, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm looking for the best camera possible for recording gigs on a fairly low budget (£200) I don't want to break the bank and I'm not looking for something that shoots footage that we could sell on, i'm more looking for something that is sufficient to be able to watch (more importantly listen) so me (and my band mates) can review and look for anything we can improve on that perhaps we didn't notice at the time

what are your experiences with cameras in this price range ?

cheers guys

2. if you are all running FOH try asking the venue if you can record it line out. you can set up any camera and then mix the audio track with the video track and youll ahve good quality sound.
    to record the audio any portable recorder will be sufficient. just make sure to warn the vanue and the soundguy beforehand.

if for some reason this isnt an option, my iphone has pretty good audio quality :D cant help you with that

3. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    I have a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot, I can't recall the model but there should be afew within your price range. I've just recorded my bass on it, that wasn't an issue but I have yet to record a drum set.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 23, 2021