Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gk 115RBH + gk 210RBH + 1001rb ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mangl, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mangl

mangl

Jan 23, 2006
    ive got like a brand new condition 1001rb that i just payed way too much for coz i was stupid, but anyway, seeing as though i've finalyl paid it off, im looking to get some cabs.

first off i was thinking of buying the 210 rbh, then getting a 115 to add on.
    i really only ever play metal, usually in standard tuning but i'll go down to C aswell...

my thoughts were, with a 210 and a 115, if i ever needed to, i could get a 4x10 and then pair any of 2/3 cabs together, what are your thoughts on the setup and the cabs themselves?
    Cheers!
    ~keep bangin those heads

2. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    I had a 2x10 and 1x15 RBH cab and have to say they sounded great, but the 2x10 isnt as wide as the 1x15 so you stack the 2x10 in-between the corner locks, the problem is I had the 2x10 almost vibrate off a couple of times! I would say get the 4x10 rbh and then get later a 1x15 rbh if you need it? They fit directly on top of each other.

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I own the 1001rb 2x10 combo and the RBH1x15 cab. If you turn the 1x15 cab on it's side and put the 2x10RBH cab on top it will lock into place! The only reason mine didn't lock was the wheels from the combo but the 2x10RBH cab will lock. Btw I just got the 1001RBII head and installed it in place of the 1001RB head, I can't wait to do my next gig with the whole setup!

4. mangl

mangl

Jan 23, 2006
    im now confused, does the 2x10 stack ontop of the 1x15? and is the kick back feature a problem at all? like could it rock back and then fall off? :eek: :eyebrow:

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I've done many gigs like this and have not had a problem. it will not "just fall off" but could be knocked off easier than if it was stacked the other way.

6. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Yeah I did try it once with it stacked on its one side so they may lock together. Im sure its ok, however, the manual doesnt recommend it and I just didnt feel comfortable with such a small footprint on the ground. Especially with my $rack on top. Also my rack never fit well on top of the 2x10's narrow top edge either. Maybe Im a bit over sensitive to my gear falling :)

7. Since you play metal I direct you to Martin Motnik who uses this setup and it's devastating. He plays metal/rock from time to time too with his other projects and is even influenced a little metal on his CD.
    http://www.martinmotnik.com

Getting a 8oh 410 would be great too if you play a lot of places without PA support. You'd have great selectability. Not sure how big of places you play and their PA availability, but both the 210 and 15 would cover most things. 410 would as well. Combine all of them and you're set. I leave you to evaluate your options. Good luck!