1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gk 200MK?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bass_Machine, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    I've not really heard much about these, and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them?

I'm looking for something portable and nice sounding, potentially for BG as well, but primary needs is something portable for my quartet/big band when I get the chance. I already play a Markbass LMII with an aguilar gs410, which I really dig, but it's too big to be portable and I'm on public transport for the meantime. I've been offered a deal on a second hand one, but I don't really know that much about them.

2. Eddue

Eddue

Jan 12, 2006
    New Haven, Mich
    I have a 200MK. It's a keyboard micro amp, same size as the bass version, 200mb. It has 3 channels with treble and bass controls on each channel but no individual volume controls,(just a master volume). Channel is labeled piano with buttons (on/0ff) for compressor, chorus and echo. Channels 2 and 3 are labeled synth 1 & 2 and also has buttons for chorus and echo but not compression. It has a 12" speaker and a tweeter, left and right direct out. It should work well with an electric bass, active pickups will work better than passive and you will be limited on tone controls and it may sound different than your regular bass amp. If you plan to use it with an upright bass you will need a preamp to match impedences. It's only 100 watts at 4 ohms, 65 watts without extra cabinet.

Remember it is a keyboard amp so it will be a fairly clean sounding amp so it's like sending your instrument to a PA system. I don't use mine much but I still use my 200MB a few times a month for my upright bass gigs, my favorite amp for smaller places.

Here is a link for the owners manual:

http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/200mk.pdf

The older microamp series are great amps as long as you realize that they were meant to be used in smaller places or for stage/studio monitors.

Hope this helps...

Eddue

sanfordandsonny likes this.