1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK 400RB and 4 16 ohm 10 inch speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bruce j, Jan 9, 2012.

1. bruce j

bruce j

Sep 12, 2010
    I have a GK 400RB 200 watt amp and a chance to buy two cabs each having two 10 inch 16 ohm Legend speakers. That would amount to two 8 ohm cabinets. Are 4 16ohm 10 inchers a good setup? Blues and funk are my predominate style and would it be loud enough for most clubs? Is there a drawback to the 16 ohm speakers? Thanks!

2. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    two 8 ohm cabinets would run the 400RB at 4 ohms so you would get the full 200 watts out of the amp. it sounds like a perfect set up. should be loud enough for most clubs, especially if you stack the cabs vertically for maximum sound dispersion. enjoy!

3. +1

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    bruce, I am curious as to what model Legends are in those cabs ... the Legend bass speakers I am aware of are the B810's which are 32 ohms each, the B102's which are 8 ohms each, and the BP102-4's which are 4 ohms each ... the only 16 ohm Legend that I found when I was looking a while back were generally designed as guitar speakers ... ??

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Most Legend models are guitar drivers.