1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK 700/112 Combo Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stinkyfingers, Mar 7, 2008.

1. stinkyfingers

stinkyfingers

Feb 10, 2008
    Jersey
    I just bought this and the 12" speaker is vibrating pretty bad. If I put my finger on it then it stops while I'm playing but as soon as I let go it starts back up. When I hit the string it sounds like air is being pushed out. I can't find any holes or tears in the speaker and it's hooked up inside pretty tight. When I have the speaker out of the combo (still plugged in) if I touch pretty much anywhere or push the speaker in it sounds perfect.
    Just wondering if any one else has had this problem and if there is a fix.
    And please don't say "Well, just put your finger on it while your playing." :meh:

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    New or used.

New return that sucka.

3. stinkyfingers

stinkyfingers

Feb 10, 2008
    Jersey
    Forgot to say...It was marked as new but the last one. Kind of beat up for new but for $400 I'll take it. And since it wasn't marked used, I have a good receipt so I was wondering if they would take it back and order another for me. (GC)

4. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    not at the same price, if they had it as a marked-down clearance model.

5. stinkyfingers

stinkyfingers

Feb 10, 2008
    Jersey
    I would assume (or hope) that the warranty would still be good though.