Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gk amp cover?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by junglejim, Jul 8, 2005.

1. junglejim

junglejim

Nov 17, 2003
    Norfolk, UK
    anyone know where i can get a Gallien Krueger MB150 amp cover??? (from or ship to UK)

cheers
    J

2. I have a Mooradian bag for my GK-150. It's much more substantial than the flimsy un-padded bag from GK (now relegated to carrying the GK-112 ext. speaker)…

- Wil

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    WIL 2 POWER - is the Mooradian a shoulder bag, too? Like the GK issue bag?

I'm looking for something that's gonna be more of a backpack to cart the speaker and my Woods in (leaving both hands free to push the bass around and not competing when i need to use the bass shoulder strap.)

4. The Mooradian has a detachable strap, so it can be either… I tend to use it without the strap - it's usually either in the back of the car, or on the RuXXac™ Cart - the GK-150 is a bit heavy to be on the shoulder (speaking as a wimp…). The GK bag's strap is non-detachable. Mooradian also do a bag for the WW - I've seen bassists use the Mooradian GK bag to carry a cab plus the WW sitting on the top, inside the bag.

- Wil

5. jeffpau

jeffpau Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Paris, France
  6. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Don't buy the one GK makes!! It totally sucks. I bought one and it was barely big enough to get the amp into. It was sewn poorly and you had to stretch it to fit the amp. The padded inserts would get all bunched up - it drove me crazy until I stopped using it. I love GK amps but that was a major and surprising disappointment. Oh, and did I also say that it sucked? :spit:

7. Gagliano

Gagliano

Aug 6, 2003
    Lynnfield MA
    The one GK makes was good for the 200MB, but the 150MB is the tiniest bit bigger - that's why it's such a pain!

8. junglejim

junglejim

Nov 17, 2003
    Norfolk, UK
  9. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I used the GK bag with my 200 MB for about 15 years with no problems, other than the shoulder strap putting a large string of little surface bruises across my shoulder and chest when I slung it over just my left shoulder (instead of putting the strap over my head and across my chest -- which made it hard to breathe...)

10. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    How's that work? i'd be looking for something that was a "for real" backpack with padded straps, etc. Something that was built to distribute the weight that way, cause this is gonna be for SIRIUS trekking - blocks to subway(with stairs up and down) at both ends of the gig kind of thang.
    You got pitchers?

11. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Why not get some good straps, the bag, and then find someone to sew it together for you?

12. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Check out some of the serious hiking gear. Either an internal or external aluminum frame would probably do what you need. You might be able to have something customized with a fold down shelf to hold your amp.

13. Not quite what you're looking for I think. I never use the strap as I always found it somewhat awkward to carry on my shoulder. The attachment points are on the corners which makes carrying 24-lbs cumbersome. I couldn't remember where I'd put the strap, but it showed up eventually - here are some pics:

Hope this helps -

- Wil

14. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    London, UK
    I've been thinking along these lines for a GK bag, but wouldn't the amp bang against the bass if the bass was over yr shoulder?

15. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    RAYBIRD - well that's gonna be $80 for the bag, plus whatever somebody is gonna charge me for the sewage (that doesn't look right), I thought I could get something that would be MADE that way to start with for the same bread.

OLLIE - I has got a wheel, so the only time the bass is on my shoulder is going up subway stairs. And you would run into the same problem with a shoulder strap, the body of the bag has to go behind you and would interfere with the bass. Otherwise you start hitting doors, stair rails, people, etc.

16. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
  17. coldsalmon

coldsalmon

Mar 8, 2006
    New York, NY