1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK Backline 115 Speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassment87, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bassment87

bassment87

Oct 14, 2009
    Hi all,
    The speaker in my GK Backline 115 has blown. I would like to DIY and replace the cone myself(Keep the driver and just swap speaker). I was wondering anyone knew where to find a kit that would work with that speaker. GK says it a Paragon bass driver.
    thanks!

2. scuz

scuz You can't be angry ALL the time!

Mar 24, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Email parts@gallien.com and find out what a price would be for a replacement. Many of the cab builders on these here forums will tell you that the cabinet is meant for the speaker the company put in it; use anything else, and it's likely to sound worse than it did before.

Paragon is the house-brand of speakers for Gallien-Krueger, by the way. :smug:

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's such a small box that not a lot of 15s will work without a huge hump. It might be ok to stick a C2515 in there if you plugged up the port, but I'm not sure offhand.

The replacement is probably going to set you around 120-150 back if I recall correctly but if you go with anything other than a GK speaker you are going to want to very very carefully measure the cutout before buying :)