1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB Fusion 800 Issue....A Tube Problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ClassicJazz, Sep 29, 2017.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I have has this happen to me twice so far, I would fire it up and there is a loss of power and the bass cuts in and out. But then after 5-10 minutes it is fine with no problems. The first time it happened the amp had not been previously used. The second time, I did a 3 hr gig which it worked fine, then at the second gig (around two hrs between), when I turned it on that issue happened. But as I mentioned, after a couple of songs it worked fine.

Could this be a tube issue? The tubes themselves seem to be seated fine in the sockets.

2. I have no personal experience, but previous GK issue threads have mentioned emailing their support. Apparently, it is very good.

3. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    I don't know alot about this amp, but IIRC the tube is just in the pre-amp section. I wouldn't think that would effect this amp in that way if it was a faulty tube.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Acct Serv. Man.: Long & McQuade; MTD Kingston Basses Intl Emerging Artist; Bartolini Emerging Artist
    Any update? Having a similar problem with mine, assumed it was the tubes as well...

5. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Acct Serv. Man.: Long & McQuade; MTD Kingston Basses Intl Emerging Artist; Bartolini Emerging Artist
    I replaced the stock tubes (with GT 12AX7s), still had the same problem intermittently...but killer tone besides that!

Then I took of the top, checked all the Moxley connections...one on the preamp wasn't seated quite right, secured it, problem gone...

6. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010

Do you have a link for the particular tubes you bought?

RevGroove likes this.
  7. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Call the number on the GK website.

Talk to Jason. He will email you the link to the tube you need. Their like $10 each.

RevGroove likes this.
  8. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010
    Thx much

RevGroove likes this.
  9. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada