1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK MB800 2 orange SP212 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Highroler79, May 7, 2018.

1. Highroler79

Highroler79

Apr 24, 2013
    Hello I have always just used one cab, but I am looking at getting a second orange cab.
    does it matter if I daisy chain the cabs or run both from the two outs from the head?

because the cabs are 8 ohm will I only get 500 watts from the head even with both heads connected?

the MB is Total Power: 800W (4 ohms), 500W (8 ohms)
    SP212 Impedance (Cabinets)8 ohm

2. Using both outputs going to each cab, and Daisy chaining Amp > cab1 > cab2, is the same thing electrically.
    They only look different because of the path taken by the cables, but daisy chain is parallel.

With two 8 Ohm cabs, your amp will see 4 Ohms.
    You'll be gettin' the full Monty with this setup.

Congrats on your new badassness!

Munjibunga likes this.
  3. bassmachine2112

bassmachine2112

Mar 23, 2008
    As the man said 2x8 ohm =4 ohm.
    Your getting full herbs out of your rig.
    I use a Orange terror head 500 through a sp212 and an obc115.I use the 15 mostly but used the sp212 for about 3 years exclusively, Great cab.Both cabs together are imense. Terror head gives 500 watt at both 8 and 4 ohm which I think is a great idea.Enjoy your Orange cabs and one day you might slip an Orange head on top of your cabs

4. Highroler79

Highroler79

Apr 24, 2013
    I may, I love the cabs, I went with the GK for size.
    But when I add my G90, IEM, power conditioner/voltage regulator, and Compressor the rack is bigger than my trace Amp was.