Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK neo112 cab

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bassist14, Jan 16, 2006.

1. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
  2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The Neo cab is kind of heavy though it may sound good. I would think if you had the micro bass combo you'd be looking for something that was lighter than the combo itself.

3. Once I was able to borrow from the local shop the GK MBX cab. That's the little "lunchbox" which looks exactly the same as the GK combo and it weights 5,5kg. I used it as an extension to my GK 150 MB combo. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised how well it sounded. The box looks like a toy but it really very much improved the overal sound, which, of course, was louder than the combo itself, and also the bottom end was much stronger, without beeing boomy.
    Since then, I've been thinking of purchasing the cab. However, since I was able to use it just for one gig - then I had to give it back to the shop - I would also appreciate some comments - is anybody using the GK combo with the MBX ext. cab???
    Thanks!