1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Go go Aria Pro.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _Cthulhu_, Apr 17, 2006.

1. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
  2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    that is pretty cool. I like the pickups

3. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Yeah they're alright. I'm a huge 80's freak and I've been wanting one of these for a long time just to play around with. I was considering modding it up.. but that thing is really just too beautiful to mess with other than maybe doing a pot job and possibly checking the wiring. It's a cheap bass so.. never know how the grounds on it are going to be.

4. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    You weren't kidding when you said you really wanted it. You got lucky that no one decided to run up your bid(s) at the end.

Billy-Bob

5. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    I have a ZZB Explorer! It was my first bass. I really do love it, problem is over time the truss rod has bent to an unrecoverable position, unless I get it pressed.

Problem is I'd loose the lovely green burst finish I have on mine :/

Congrats on the new bass dude, they rock!

6. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Very comprehensive picture set!!!!

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Congrats!!!!!:D

:bassist:

8. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Those pickups look exactly like the ones on my 1981 TSB-400. They are pretty hot output pickups, with lots of low mid thump. I think you'll like them alot.

9. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    I had a sniping program backing me up with like 675.. The last 30 seconds I manually put in a big bid and then waited... I was expecting to take it home for about 500 but amzingly the other guy cut off at like 407-something.

10. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Yeah.. I talked to the seller over the phone and he went on about how he got his digital camera to finally work right so he just zapped shots... It's a little overkill, but I can't complain.. He did a nice job.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My 2nd bass was one of those. Saw the pointy thing sitting in the corner of the shop and I walked out the door for $175. By the time I got it home, I hated the thing and took it back.

12. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    I guess it's one of those 'you like it or you don't.' I've always been a huge fan of explorers .. so.. you know.. :eyebrow: