1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Going solo and EZDrummer

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by socialleper, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    I use a usb midi controller. Fun as heck. Easy as pie. I’m on a Mac. Not sure if PC is plug and play and not sure which you’re using. Additionally, if you are on a Mac, you could map out your beats for free in GarageBand with its Drummer. It’s really quite intuitive. Then you could export the wav files to Cubase if you’re more comfortable there. (Ignore if you’ve already purchased EZD.)

Edit: Never mind. I see I’m late to your thread party.

2. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I haven't settled on a DAW yet, or a usb controller. I did go ahead and buy EZD2 along with the jazz and prog expansions. I am still working out the kinks. Any and all input is welcome.

3. socialleper

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    It took me little bit to figure out what was going on. I didn't realize you had to use the check box to sample the clip at the original play speed. I am very surprised that they don't just play at their native speed. Why wouldn't they?
    However, this did illustrate something that I hope is just something I can fix in the interface. If you are building a song from midi clips in the EZD2 timeline, there seems to be only one tempo available for the whole track. I hope there is a way around this, because only having one tempo is completely worthless. No one write a whole song at one tempo. Is there a way to have the EZD2 interface build songs with multiple tempos?

4. socialleper

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    This is my first crack at using EZD2 and Ableton

BigBasserino likes this.
  5. fatNfunky

fatNfunky

Jan 31, 2012
    I have played drums for 40+ years, I like what you did here, drums are 'splashy' and 'loose' and yet tight ( I LOVE those super fast double kicks) sounds like a human to me .. who can play ! a cross between Akira jimbo and Simon Philips..

socialleper likes this.
  6. socialleper

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I can't take too much credit for the beat. It is a Soul loop from the standard EZD library that I accidently left on 120bpm rather than it's native tempo because I didn't know any better. The result was a very splashy, jazzy sort of groove. It was a happy accident.

7. fatNfunky

fatNfunky

Jan 31, 2012
    most good things are ... :)

8. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
    Bob Ross agrees.

9. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    GA
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021