Going to get sued for illegal downloading! Help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Muusers, May 28, 2012.

1. So I've been using uTorrent for about six months now, everything was going fine. I only shared my library with people that I was DL'ing from. Very cool. I've been trying to download the entire "Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs of all-time" and I was about halfway done.

Today I got out to my mailbox to find an envelope with a distinct "RIAA" letterhead on it. I flipped out and opened it to find a pretty harsh letter from the RIAA, basically telling me that they are going to sue me (I have about 3000 mp3s on my computer). I called up my mom and my mom got scared she said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought nah, forget it, yo home to Bel-Air!
  2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh Will Smith...

To bad you just made another ****ing mib movie.
  3. beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can we sue you for a bad joke?
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I wonder how many guys who post here watched that show when it was originally on. I like it. I learned lots about black folks from watching it. That show, Living Color, Diff'rent Strokes, 227, and Martin.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    This ranks way up there for worst thread idea ever.

What is it with guys who think they're hilarious when they're not? Is it the new TB fad that they all decide to post their lame material here, lately? Eesh...
  6. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    I am guessing I was dirtying diapers when that show was on , i have no idea of the air date of it but I have never seen it.
  7. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  8. sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    If it wasn't a joke id hope you would get sued for stealing music.
  9. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    I'm old enough to remember the show, but I don't get the joke. When I saw the thread title, I got prepared to share my experience of getting sued by the RIAA 5 years ago. So much for that!
  10. SamanthaCay

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    So is this thread about bad jokes or is this an attempt to get a bunch of musicians to side with you for steeling from other musicians?

Yeah... good luck with that.
  11. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    the only cool thing about this thread is that "SamanthaCay" posted!;)
  12. SamanthaCay

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    I'll take it, Thanks!:D
  13. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    yer welcome!:)
  14. hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Come on people, he is from Amsterdam.
    I'm sure it lost something in the translation. :scowl:
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What has your knickers in a wad lately? You are typically the guy who posts in threads telling others to be nice and respectful, but the last few days you've been different.

16. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    Nothing, really.

Only expressing my opinion in regards to this joke. I'm sorry if you felt it was expressed in a less than cordial manner, but at least I didn't talk about suing the guy. lol!
  17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Me too. I learned they didn't have much in common with the actual folks I knew.
  18. XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    I thought it was pretty darn funny :p
  19. hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    See, I knew it had to loose something in the translation.