Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going TO SEE PRIMUS!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by xolin, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Primus is a coming to Toronto, I am soo there.

Kool Haus, small intimate setting, sick ass band, cant wait, must get six string signed, mosh-pit or no mosh-pit!

2. you're lucky; there arent coming anywhere near Atlanta..:spit: :bawl:

3. I'm going to see them in Boston on the 18th.

WHOO!!!

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I'm like 95% sure i'm going to the one in Santa Cruz on the 29th... I'll totally have a review up too...

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    They're comin right to Portland, and you bet yo' arse I'm goin. Already got mah ticket, can't wait!

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    How could you not enjoy Les and Primus man!?!?

7. anyone know if their coming closer to seattle than portland?

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm stoked for the Clevland gig!

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Well, yeah... I love the music, and the bassist is awsome... Which is a plus in both categories because Primus Sucks!!

10. Les likes to vary their setlist, but they will most likely do the classics from frizzle fry and sailing the seas, they do a lot of those ones (at some places i hear they are doing an extra set of the whole cheese album?). They will do one or two new ones. They will do some off of brown like kalamazoo or similar. And hopefully they will do DMV and the like. They almost always do Tommy the Cat, frizzle fry, jerry was a racecar driver, and definately damn blue collar tweakers. Well, and some stuff from Antipop. Either way, the songs you may not like (like a lot from Pork Soda) as much sound way better live, and les is a good stage personality. Anyway, it'll be energetic with good music.

11. I'll see you there, can't wait.

12. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Seattle on the 26th, Vancouver on the 24th. Their playing salem Oregon on the 25th. Thats Portland, Maine not Oregon:rolleyes: . Damn east coast, get your own names for cities!!! :D

13. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Im seeing them on November 8th in Milwaukee.

Primus Sucks!

14. I went to buy tickets for the Montreal show today, and it was sold out.:bawl: :( :bawl: :mad:
    I'm sure they'll be back in like a million years though....:(

15. Are you serious?? I didn't get mine yet...

16. Yeah, from what I've read, the first set will be a bunch of different songs. then, for the second set, they will play the Cheese album in its entirety.
    Cant wait, got my ticket, and have been watching the DVD like crazy!

17. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah man... I heard they are doing Sailing the Seas of Chees in it's entirety, the whole New album, a theatrical performance, and there other biggest stuff...
    October 29th in Santa Cruz!!

18. I'll be there with my older brother (looks like me im sure)...the one who got me into primus, and without whom i wouldnt play bass (and wouldnt have started learning bass with tommy the cat :bassist: ) Anyway, they are gonna play the entire album Sailing the Seas of Cheese on this tour...this just happens to be THEIR GREATEST (studio) ALBUM EVER!!! I was hoping for a bunch of cheesy stuff, but they decided to do the whole album on top of the set THAT F'IN ROCKS!!! PRIMUS SUCKS!!! Anyway, that was what got me into primus back in like...1993...i think thats when my brother bought the album (we had lived in a mostly black area (people that is) and listened to NWA and stuff when younger, then we got into nirvana, then my bro got primus...then i got into primus...then he kept going and got into cannibal corpse and deicide while i got hendrix, phish, and vai...whatever, to each their own). Back on track...well, if you see me and my bro (he might have beard but will look like me) we will be singing every f'n line! I also want les to sign my brice (its my only bass) six string because i learned all those songs on it. I'll have to like get my bro's girlfriend to drive it over near the end or just try not to get it broken (i might make my bro alternate the moshing :p )!

Oh, for you guys in Montreal...I suggest you get scalped ticks (they werent that expensive to begin with...so it will be like a reg stadium concert price for scalps i think) cuz the set is gonna be sick...i saw picks from the shows and they rock. Oh and the DVD hasnt come out in Canada yet....IT BETTER come out before the concert...ARG!!!