1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Going to see YES in SF tonite

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FatherG, Mar 5, 2013.

1. FatherG

FatherG

Dec 16, 2009
    California
    Seats are on the Chris Squire side of course!

(I am not worthy, I am not worthy...)

2. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    Enjoy. I will be seeing them in Los Angeles tomorrow night! It's been about 10 years since I have seen them, so I'm hoping they still got it.

3. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Who's on first? :D

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! Give us a report back. I'm catching this tour in April when they reach the east coast.

5. From what I've seen, the replacement of the replacement singer is better than the last replacement singer. But he's no Jon Anderson. Too bad. I'd like to see Yes in Chicago on 3/16 but not without Anderson.

6. Blatz

Blatz

Feb 11, 2012
    Saw them in 75 at the Tech Dome at GA Tech. I had all of the early Yes stuff and some of CS solo stuff. Never felt the love for his style

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    You lucky dog love me some Yes please report back to us and rub it in :)

8. FatherG

FatherG

Dec 16, 2009
    California
    Ok - so while not perfect (only the 3rd show of the tour) it was still amazing. If you want to see and hear Jon Anderson - go to see him. If you want to see and hear YES, go and see this incarnation of the band. It was great hearing three full albums. I think that YES music is about the sum of the parts - each of which is an outstanding musician in his own right. Steve Howe was on fire last nite - his guitar playing was crisp and to the point. Chris Squire was, well, classic Squire. He played the Rickenbacker, a Fender Jazz, the three necked monster and two other basses I could not ID as I was too high - in the balcony, that is. If you get a chance to see them - run and get tickets.

9. Hopefully Chris left his multi-colored (and torn last time I saw them) tights at home this tour. :eek:

10. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    LOL! His bass playing is epic. His fashion sense is (whatever the opposite of epic is).

I met Chris in 2001, along with all of the other YES members individually. They are very nice people. Chris asked me about the sound of the Ric 4001CS I owned at the time (I was in a YES tribute band back then). My respectful response was: "It sounds good, but when I play mine it never seems to sound as good as when you play yours." He smiled.