1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GOOD band photos - how do you do them?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by kesslari, Apr 11, 2010.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Hey Jimmy,

I alluded to it in the OP. Didn't link it then - figured those who know, know, and besides, I wanted ideas for GOOD pics, not just to bag on bad ones (entertaining though that may be).
    At this point, though, it's probably a good, healthy diversion :D

2. Versatek6

Versatek6 Fretless is like Trombone Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Here are two of the better shots from last spring.

The photographer is (was?) a photo student here in the MSP area. He did it for his portfolio. I think it cost us lunch.

RAN2.

RAN1.

He went a little overboard on the saturation and vignetting, on these, but the finals that we use (which I don't have available right now) are better. It was bright and windy, and hard to not squint.

The cabdriver/owner is a friend of the group who volunteered his hack for the shoot.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    sorry jonathan, didn't realize someone else already mentioned the hall of douchebags. but it IS worth repeating, and it might be fun to look through here and pick out the new candidates for it.

i won't though...i'm controversial enough as it is ;)