Good custom body from Warmoth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaymeister99, Nov 5, 2005.

1. jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Anybody got a body from Warmoth that they particularly like? Good playability, balance, tone? Something besides the usual P-bass or J-Bass body.
  2. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

Look at my user name .
    Yes I have a Gecko that is of incredible quality .
    Solid Mahogany . Very comfortable neck . Nothing but good things to say about Warmoth .
  3. jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    what is the difference in the gecko, I know the body shape is a little different, how does the neck contour compare to a J or P?
  4. Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    If I didn't already have Warmoth parts coming for a 5 string P, I'd order this and build myself a nice 6 string.

5. jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    do they make the gecko necks and bodies for a 4 string?
  6. ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Unfortunately no.
  7. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
  8. chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Bought an older (without the bridge routing) used Gecko5 a couple months ago for cheap on ebay. Cleaned up some stuff that was a bit funky including wiring and it is now a great bass. Plays extremely well, feels very solid, light weight, great tone (though this depends on the PUPS/electronics you decide to throw in there-- mine came with some Villex soapbars).

I like the neck quite a bit, though I'm not sure what I'd compare it to. The frets are a bit larger than my other basses, but iI really like the way it plays. In fact, my Lakland 55-02 hasn't seen too much playing time recently since I got the Gecko back together. :eek:

Of course, since the Stambaugh fretless 5 showed up the other day, the Gecko will likely see less playing time now too... gotta spread the love though! :D
  9. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    I have a carved top Dinky P with jazz routing. I absolutly love it. The body is swamp ash with a quilt top, and a green dye finish. With the sorta black outline and black back. Really an outstanding body. It's super light, and confortable. Not the biggest fan of the warmoth neck. I need a "lighter" or flatter neck than the full C the warmoth has.