Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good custom body from Warmoth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaymeister99, Nov 5, 2005.

1. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Anybody got a body from Warmoth that they particularly like? Good playability, balance, tone? Something besides the usual P-bass or J-Bass body.

2. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

Look at my user name .
    Yes I have a Gecko that is of incredible quality .
    Solid Mahogany . Very comfortable neck . Nothing but good things to say about Warmoth .
    :bassist:

3. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    what is the difference in the gecko, I know the body shape is a little different, how does the neck contour compare to a J or P?

4. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    If I didn't already have Warmoth parts coming for a 5 string P, I'd order this and build myself a nice 6 string.

[​IMG]

5. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    do they make the gecko necks and bodies for a 4 string?

6. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Unfortunately no.

7. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
  8. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Bought an older (without the bridge routing) used Gecko5 a couple months ago for cheap on ebay. Cleaned up some stuff that was a bit funky including wiring and it is now a great bass. Plays extremely well, feels very solid, light weight, great tone (though this depends on the PUPS/electronics you decide to throw in there-- mine came with some Villex soapbars).

I like the neck quite a bit, though I'm not sure what I'd compare it to. The frets are a bit larger than my other basses, but iI really like the way it plays. In fact, my Lakland 55-02 hasn't seen too much playing time recently since I got the Gecko back together. :eek:

Of course, since the Stambaugh fretless 5 showed up the other day, the Gecko will likely see less playing time now too... gotta spread the love though! :D
    ---
    c

9. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    I have a carved top Dinky P with jazz routing. I absolutly love it. The body is swamp ash with a quilt top, and a green dye finish. With the sorta black outline and black back. Really an outstanding body. It's super light, and confortable. Not the biggest fan of the warmoth neck. I need a "lighter" or flatter neck than the full C the warmoth has.