Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Experiences Ordering Custom stuff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SD FeatherFT-CB, Nov 12, 2003.

1. SD FeatherFT-CB

SD FeatherFT-CB Guest

Nov 12, 2003
    Yay! i'm new here lol.

I just ordered a custom bass last month, and can't wait for it to come in. Well its schedualed to come in in late april, but you know what i mean lol.

In the beginning of this year, Ken Francis caught me looking for a fretless bass, and offered to make me one for 160 bux. I accepted, gave him my specs, and i got the best neck i've ever played. Rock Maple, thick gloss finish, with an ebony fretboard, and a Ken Lawrence style Headstock.
    [​IMG]
    so yeah, i love that.
    Then it turned out that the thing was a little thin, healwise for my GSR100 body, so i tried shimming it, and it didn't work out. It worked okay when i lowered the action all the way.
    I didn't feel like switching necks when i wanted to play a fretted either, so i went ahead and ordered a Feather style body from Mr. Francis. While i was ordering, i said to myself "hey, i'm ordering a custom, it might as well be my dream bass :D"

So when its done, its gonna look something like this:
    [​IMG]
    only with a black and white burst, but with the same flame pattern, and 2 EMG-35 cutouts :D I was really surprised at the price for it too o_O It came out at under 600. He's not a professional, but he does a hell of a good job. I went to his shop and saw a whole lot of nice instruments that he made. I love handmade stuff ^.^ In my opinion, Machined stuff doesn't really compare, because it doesn't have those little imperfections that make things unique.

I can't wait for it to come in ^.^