Good Experiences Ordering Custom stuff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SD FeatherFT-CB, Nov 12, 2003.

1. SD FeatherFT-CB

SD FeatherFT-CB Guest

Nov 12, 2003
    Yay! i'm new here lol.

I just ordered a custom bass last month, and can't wait for it to come in. Well its schedualed to come in in late april, but you know what i mean lol.

In the beginning of this year, Ken Francis caught me looking for a fretless bass, and offered to make me one for 160 bux. I accepted, gave him my specs, and i got the best neck i've ever played. Rock Maple, thick gloss finish, with an ebony fretboard, and a Ken Lawrence style Headstock.
    so yeah, i love that.
    Then it turned out that the thing was a little thin, healwise for my GSR100 body, so i tried shimming it, and it didn't work out. It worked okay when i lowered the action all the way.
    I didn't feel like switching necks when i wanted to play a fretted either, so i went ahead and ordered a Feather style body from Mr. Francis. While i was ordering, i said to myself "hey, i'm ordering a custom, it might as well be my dream bass :D"

So when its done, its gonna look something like this:
    only with a black and white burst, but with the same flame pattern, and 2 EMG-35 cutouts :D I was really surprised at the price for it too o_O It came out at under 600. He's not a professional, but he does a hell of a good job. I went to his shop and saw a whole lot of nice instruments that he made. I love handmade stuff ^.^ In my opinion, Machined stuff doesn't really compare, because it doesn't have those little imperfections that make things unique.

I can't wait for it to come in ^.^