Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good lord!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sargebaker, Jun 11, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    http://www.femdefence.info/index2.html

"...The “product“ is a kind of protection against rape, somewhat similar to a tampon in that it’s user carries it inserted into her vagina. The basic idea is that the woman carries the protective device in her vagina. In it there is a sharp pin which has a penetrating effect on the perpetrator’s penis in the event of a rape. The construction is such that the pin still cannot injure the bearer."

need I say more?

cannot injure the bearer my a**!

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Hmm, now to play psychologist.

Wouldn't getting jabbed make a rapist really, really angry? I mean, rape is a power thing, and if women resist in any way, doesn't that increase the chances of getting seriously beaten/killed by a rapist? Seems like this device can potentially cause more damage to the user (both by her own using of it and the rapist's reaction to it) rather than the rapist.

But then again, what do I know?

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's a valid point.

Then again, when my one-year-old daugther whacks me in the stuff, I find I'm pretty well paralyzed for a while, so I imagine that would be a whole new world of pain.

I've heard of something like this before- didn't geishas used to have a similar product for protection?

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Whoa. I think I'll take front row seat before the fireworks start.

5. if things get really bad the girl could always take it out real quick and stab the guy in the face or something. Imagine the shame on the guys face as he walks into a hospital and has to explain why the reason hes blind in one eye is because he was stabbed by a tampon.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    OK I showed this to my significant other. Her response was that the darn thing is likely to do more damage to the girl than the rapist. All she has to do is sit down and OUCHHHHH!.

She also offers this advice to any girl who finds herself in this situation. Call "Fire, Fire" as loud as you can. Calling for help is useless because no-one will want to know about it. Everyone comes running when they hear "Fire".

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1 Sit down in the wrong way, and it seems like a girl could easily harm the labia or her inner thigh.

Looks just the tiniest bit scary...I'm not sure who'd be worse off if it actually came into use, though.

8. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I don't see how the device could harm the wearer. Its worn internally and is essentially a sealed container that contains a barbed needle. You'd have to be sitting down awfully hard to have this hurt you.

It reminds me of something I read in a sci-fi book, basically the same thing only the needle was loaded with a fast acting tranquilizer...

9. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    For everyone commenting on it hurting the bearer as well... that isn't a picture of the actual thing.

...I don't think.

10. I can picture cruel girls going to bars with them with the intention of picking up guys just to hurt them

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    hrm.

where is my razor blade penis attatchment?

12. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Snow Crash? Mafia pizza Company's?

Aj

13. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    This is a hoax.
    Do your research.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sounds like a great way to ensure you pick up an STD from your rapist.

15. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    I agree. The site looks fake to me.

16. havent read that particuler article, but there is such a device.

it was designed in Africa, to try and lower the amount of rape that takes place there.

It has a pressure bad, so that when its "touched" - BANG. blade to the penii! as i understood, the article explained the woman *would* experience pain, and be injured, however the rapist would likely to be worse off - and moreso likely to have learned his lesson...

will do some digging later. :)

17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep! Read the site people.