1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good mic to use.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by laboitenoire, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Alright, I'm looking to add some new mics to my church's recording setup, as we right now record with an SM57, two lavs over the organ, and an Audio-Technica AT3032 (I think that's what it is). While we get decent results, the SM57 isn't suited to the recording we do. We record the choirs, and so we need to cover a lot of area with a low number of mics. In other words, I need a good pair of omnis. I've been looking at mics on places like MF, but I need some third-party advice. The options I'm leaning toward at the moment are:

1. Buy another AT3032 for nice sound. (about the same price as most of the other dual-mic setups)
    2. Buy a pair of Behringer B-5 mics (same price as a single AT3032 about)
    3. Buy a pair of MXL 993 mics (same price)

At the moment I'm leaning toward the Behringer setup, as the mics are supposed to be pretty good for the money. However, the AT mic is lookin' good too. Only problem is I don't want to buy the AT mic and then have somebody break it or steal it, as it is a more expensive mic.