1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good P-Bass news from Fender Mike Eldred...!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Theo-cantor-, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Yesterday I received a message from mr. Fender's Mike Eldred.
    I asked him if CS will produce any new P-basses cause we only have a PINO today (which is great BTW)

Mike:
    Coming in july !!!!!:hyper:

Don't ask me what is coming but they are on the way!!!

How about that!!!!

Cheerzz again,

Theo

2. Cool beans! I was just over looking at the website yesterday and bemoaning the low Precision count.

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    '68 Telecaster Closet Classic? Extreme relic 3tsb '64 with rosewood fb?

4. Hi Jim,,

I just dont know.........

I'll do my best trying to get some more info, OK?

Bye,

Theo

5. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Cool. I spoke with a CS dealer recently who has not heard anything yet, but he said that he would not be surprised by something new in June or July.

6. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Hey Theo,

Glad to hear there's news coming out in July. Have you noticed there are 2 new CS P basses (LOTTO 60's P Relic and a LOTTO '69 P Relic) and 1 CS LOTTO telecaster bass on Guitar Center, Musicians Friend and other online retail music stores websites?

Cheers,

sneha1965

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1, it really is sad right now.

Sneha, I've seen the Lotto basses--those prices are nuts.

8. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    LOTTO? :confused:

9. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    Wait, I get it. You have to win the Lottery to be able to buy a $6k bass. :eek: :D

10. Hi Sneha,

Of course.......Fender is building one off's and Special Run P-Basses. This is what they have been doing for a long time.
    What Mike Eldred told me was it was a new regular stock such as 55 and 59 P-Basses. This doesn't mean they where discontinued!!

Cheers,

Theo

11. What I can't figure out is why they keep rehashing old styles. Give us something different. That's what the custom shop SHOULD do IMO. I'm sick and tired of '51//59/70's reissues. If they could give us some lightweight basses with some exotic woods or even some quilt tops I'd be happy. :)

12. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    I would love to see a '56 reissue - contoured body, single coil, vintage frets, burst finish, with no "Stinglay".

13. i like the telecaster bass. it's quirky enough for me. looking at it makes me want to play it. and they throw the shipping in for free!!

that's great, because a high shipping price would have been a deal breaker...

14. Jason Brown

Jason Brown

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    Somebody better hide my wallet!

They keep rehashing old styles because that's what sells. Fender has introduced some new and unique designs over the years, but for the most part they haven't been met with much enthusiasm.

What I don't understand is why someone would want something new and exotic from Fender. I understand the want for something different from what Fender offers, but I can't understand why they would want it from Fender. In my little mind, that's what the other companies/builders are for.

15. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    Those darned violins, violas, celli, basses---why can't the builders of all those orchestral stringed instruments come up with something more interesting, different, or even more practical? So boring!

16. What about those boring pianos. How long has it been since something innovative was done to make a better acoustic piano. Same old things for hundreds of years. :meh:

17. I heard it's supposed have 24 frets...no just joking.

18. Why not? Why does Fender have to be stuck rehashing the same stuff over and over. Why can't they give us at least different colors and nicer bodies? For what you pay for a custom shop bass, it just makes sense to me. I'm not talking about remaking orchestral instruments guys, that's a completely different area. And I know that Fender hasn't had much luck with some of their designs and I'm not talking radical here. Just some nicer colors and a little variation in body wood.

19. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Anyone remember these hanging on the wall at the local shop?

performer. 15a5_1.