Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good, Recording Program.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Aug 11, 2005.

1. I want a good recording program, that wont cost me a bass. I only plan to record my own riffs, And I want them to be mp3's. My computer(Hp Pavillion Desktop) came with MS Sound Recorder, But I heard it wasnt that great. Any suggestions?

2. Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum, If the mods care the move it go right ahead.

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    If all you want is to record and some basic editing functions, audacity will do you just fine: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can chop and change etc and apply effects such as pitch and tempo changes etc. Should do you fine. And yes ms sound recorder is rubbish, you can't record past 1 min.

4. I use NTrack and have a mixer infront of it

(instrument -> mixer -> line in)

it does the job, and can be aquired ;)

5. Get Cool edit pro or Adobe audiition (the new re-vamped version) and a little mixer...
    #
    ..or sound forge, wavelab, cubase, sonar, acid... any of those should be fine, there ARE (or were last time I looked) some free ones on that website Aj mentioned

6. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Very nice program considering it's free. :)

7. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Cubase SE: For $99 it gives you a ton of good features, 48 tracks audio and unlimited midi.

TrackTion (by Mackie): for under $200, very feature packed and very user friendly.