Good Recording Program?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bass_drum, Aug 18, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005

I'm looking for a good program I get for my pc so I can record vocals, bass, guitar and put a drum beat in it.

I'd mostlikely be micing an amp with my comp mic so it doenst need to be professional quality stuff, jsut a good easy to use program. Thanks!
  2. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Give Audacity a try. It's freeware and a very good PC based multitrack recorder, considering the price. As long as you don't want to do too much fancy editing, the price is right and it's easy to use. :)
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    This question seems to be popping up too freqently lately. Not a big deal except the regulars get tired of answering the same question over and over.

Have a look at this thread from only a few of days ago:-

Also, have a look at the FAQ thread which is stuck at the top of the thread list. Go to the bottom and you'll see links to all the major recording program websites.

And don't be affraid to use the Talkbass search function.
  4. +1 for Audacity. I've been messing around with it lately, and it looks like exactly what you're looking for.

And it's free. ;)
  5. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, and I really like it. It's pretty easy to use(I didn't get a user manual with it, and I still figured it out) and it's like $100 new. Good luck.