1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gosh Darnit...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Some Groovy Guy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Some Groovy Guy

Some Groovy Guy

Sep 28, 2006
    Vancouver
    So what's better than topping off a late night in the studio, finishing up the mixing of 2 of your tracks that you have recorded? Waking up the next morning to have two of your basses stolen from you.

Last night I came home from the studio at about 4 AM. Between this time, and the time I was woken up (6:30 AM), someone had broken into my car, took my 2 main basses, and made off. They got away with my brand new Geddy Lee Sig Jazz bass and my Sr505 Ibanez. I'm sitting here *******choked. My neighbourhood is not one for crime at all. Very peaceful easy going little sub-urb type of crap going on here. Me of course knowing this, thought it was a fine idea to leave ym equipment in my car, over night for just over 2 hours till people would start up in the morning. Funny thing, my alarm never went off. Great piece of work that is.

I've called the local pigs, and the insurance company. Either way it's going to be a while before I'll see any reimbursement.

Here's some pics of my the crime scene.

IMG_0642.jpg

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Really sucks. Hope you find them. Hope none of the police read this post or you may not. :D

3. Local Pigs?? And you called them to help you?? :eyebrow:

4. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    damn man that sucks!

i know what u mean .. I've left my truck unlocked over night in my neighborhood ... left the dang side door open one time after unloading some stuff .. never took anything.

one time in the fall i go to leave for work and notice my passenger side window busted! ... apparenlty some kids just decided it would be fun to throw a brick at it .. hit the door frame instead of the window and shattered the window .. but didn't break it. nothing stolen. :(

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Cops are friends in this situation. Not gonna help to call them derogatory terms here. Call me CrAZy like that. Good luck hunting them down.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I am really sorry this happened to you, I hope it gets worked out.

7. You left your gear sitting in plain sight there? :eek:

8. Some Groovy Guy

Some Groovy Guy

Sep 28, 2006
    Vancouver
    Yea, my choice of words in describing my buddies was poor. But I'm just choked right now.

I'll be looking at pawn shops later today

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just curious. Is anyone in your band a tweaker? Or an addict? Things start disappearing when they're around. Especially if you've been up working all that time. They might feel they "deserve" a little reward.

10. Some Groovy Guy

Some Groovy Guy

Sep 28, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nope, each are buddies I've graduated with.

Aye, now I'm going to go pawn shop hunting.

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    It's okay to leave your gear in the car...until it's not :meh:

I swear, of all the friends this has happened to, it's always the first time they've left stuff in the car.

12. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    That sucks! I hope you find your stuff. It's horrible to think your stuff is safe when it's not. Especially in your own neighborhood!

13. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    o man i feel for your loss and i hope that you can get it back.

14. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    In a neighborhood like that... think about who knew you had those basses and are they all trustworthy.

15. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Seriously, that's a pretty crappy attitude there.

16. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    Get a description of the stolen gear to all the guitar and pawn shops in your area plus surrounding areas ASAP. It's especially helpful if you can give serial numbers and any distinguishing characteristics. Good luck.

I hate thieves.

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hope it works out!
    if you find out who they are, break their legs :)

18. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Okay. People.

Everyone. Not just Some Groovy Guy.

GO RECORD ALL YOUR EQUIPMENTS' SERIAL NUMBERS, AND SCRIBE THEM PERMANENTLY ON YOUR WALLS SOMEWHERE SAFE.

Cuz when you go pawn-shop hunting, the shopkeepers won't believe you unless you've got matching serial numbers. Trust me, I know this from experience.

19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Bryan316 - Good advice.

SGG - I hope you find your basses quickly and unmolested.

20. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    It would be nice to be able to leave basses in your car in plain view for a couple of hours at night without some scum stealing them. Unfortunately you can't - as you've found out. Sorry to hear they've gone, though.

I have to echo the remarks about finding it hopelessly inappropriate that someone who calls police officers "pigs" in a public forum still expects them to do their best in your interests. Maybe you weren't using the term the way it actually sounded. If you were, then don't be surprised when some people are less sympathetic to you then they might be towards others.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021