Got me a New SoundSeat®

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Basslice, Jan 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Basslice

Basslice Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    Got rid of my crappy old chair and got me a custom music/studio chair. It is from SoundSeat®. I love it. It has castors as well as slides. Real leather, not pleather, PU, or vinyl. Already making it easier to work in the studio.
    chair_1.jpg chair2.jpg chair_old.jpg

JCooper, 12BitSlab and MonetBass like this.
  2. Tosh

Tosh

Jul 12, 2020
    Salem, Oregon
    Awesome!

I need to look at one of those for myself!

3. Basslice

May 11, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    They are nice. A lot more than Walmart type seats, but you gets what's you pay for. I have back issues and don't mess around with crap anymore.

4. Tosh

Tosh

Jul 12, 2020
    Salem, Oregon
    is it comfortable to sit in that and play bass? right now I have a chair from IKEA that is armless and has height adjustment. I can play keyboard or bass while seated, but after a couple of hours it's not as comfy.

5. Basslice

May 11, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    Well, it really is a stool more than an office chair. The back support is ok, but not as good as my Herman Miller in my office upstairs, which has armrests that I really use and like. But for sitting while playing, the SoundSeat is perfect. The foot ring is nice, really like it. There are some fine adjustments that can be tweaked, but they recommended settling into it for a few weeks before messing around.

It has height adjustment and the back can be adjusted. The seat is a motorcycle-type seat. I've sat in it for a couple hours straight a few times, mostly doing mixing this weekend. The ergonomics of my work area (or lack thereof) are probably more of a concern than the seat at this point.

JCooper likes this.
  6. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It looks like a Roc-N-Soc drum throne. Roc-N-Soc makes one with casters as well. Hopefully it works well for you!

Basslice likes this.
  7. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    These are great seats. Way better than a Roc-N_Soc.