Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gotoh Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FaBu-, Jun 4, 2004.

1. FaBu-

FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Finland
    I bought a Gotoh bridge for my Fender Jazz yesterday... Otherwise it's a great bridge, but even when I lowered the saddles as low as possible, the action is a bit high for my taste... So is there anything I can do?
    BTW it's not possible to cure this problem by adjusting the thruss rod, because my neck is (almost) straight already... Please help me :)

Thanks!

2. Actually, I just put a Gotoh on my Fender Jazz Fretless... and its low as hell. Id say its your bass, not the bridge.

3. pictures... :D

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You might need to shim the neck.

5. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I had the same problem with a Gotoh 201 on a Fender Jazz. I worked around it by using the saddles from the original Fender bridge; they're a hair smaller in diameter and it made the difference.

Half-a**ed, I know, but whatever works.

Tom

6. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I actually have a picture (I sold the bass on eBay). I also had La Bella Super Steps on it. I honestly can't recall if I needed to have an exposed core G (to get the string lower). I don't think so...

[​IMG]

7. FaBu-

FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Finland
    Funny... I solved this problem in the same exact way :) It works fine now... I'm happy with it :)