1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gotoh Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FaBu-, Jun 4, 2004.

1. FaBu-

FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Finland
    I bought a Gotoh bridge for my Fender Jazz yesterday... Otherwise it's a great bridge, but even when I lowered the saddles as low as possible, the action is a bit high for my taste... So is there anything I can do?
    BTW it's not possible to cure this problem by adjusting the thruss rod, because my neck is (almost) straight already... Please help me :)

Thanks!

2. Actually, I just put a Gotoh on my Fender Jazz Fretless... and its low as hell. Id say its your bass, not the bridge.

3. pictures... :D

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You might need to shim the neck.

5. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I had the same problem with a Gotoh 201 on a Fender Jazz. I worked around it by using the saddles from the original Fender bridge; they're a hair smaller in diameter and it made the difference.

Half-a**ed, I know, but whatever works.

Tom

6. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I actually have a picture (I sold the bass on eBay). I also had La Bella Super Steps on it. I honestly can't recall if I needed to have an exposed core G (to get the string lower). I don't think so...

[​IMG]

7. FaBu-

FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Finland
    Funny... I solved this problem in the same exact way :) It works fine now... I'm happy with it :)