Gots me a question... help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ok, so i have been running a GK 800RB and an old SVT410E (250 watts @ 8 ohms) for 2 years with no problems. the cab has to be around 15-20 years old, original speakers.. etc..

so i blow my first speaker out of it last night and tonight i use an Ampeg 410 that was 600 watts @ 8ohms and i'm not sure the model. the issue?? my GK sounds lifeless. i can't even compete with the geetar, whereas my lower rated 4x10 kicked major butto. It sounds super farty, no oomph, no nothing.

Is the problem because the cab is rated for more power? did my pickups take a dump? i checked my cables and they were fine.. i'm lost. My head has powered an 8x10 and i know a lot of people use this amp with no issues. what happened?
  2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Maybe the cab had blown speakers in it?
  3. you know, that thought entered our heads. we also hooked up a Mesa 400+ and that didn't fly either. HOWEVER, let it be stated the 400+ has been in storage for months. Tubes were blown and the original owner is a space cadet. he can't remember if he had them changed or not.
  4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I'd open the cab and check the speakers for cracks or tears or damage around the edge.