1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great... another Hipshot question.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cix, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Cix

Cix

Oct 12, 2009
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I'm sorry. I did do a brief search around, but wasn't able to find my specific question answered.

I recently purchased a used Squier Affinity (made in freakin' China) Precesion. Needless to say, it was cheap. I got it with the obvious intention for a Frankensteining project. Not to bore you with the details; I'm interested in installing four BT4 Hipshot Xtenders. You know, like a cheapass Manring Zon.

But I'm worried about the spacing. Does anyone have personal experience with installing four of these? Just by eyeballing it, it looks like it's going to be too cramped. Would I need to use a different Xtender model, or is this even possible at all? And, if absolutly necessary (as silly as it would look) would it be feasible to actually alternate and use lefty Xtenders by moving them to the other side of the headstock without redrilling new tuning machine holes?

Very curious to hear if anyone has tried this before on this specific type of headstock. :hyper:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

You won't be able to fit 4 Hipshot detuners on a standard headstock.
    Actually you won't fit more than one. Unless of course you decide to switch tuner arrangement. 2+2 may work.
    Manring's tuners were custom made by Hipshot.