1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GREEN BEER AT WORK!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CrashClint, Mar 17, 2008.

1. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Ok, I work for a pretty liberal company that employs 16 people. We have a fun committee that plans fun events throughout the year which normally include beer or wine. In celebration of St. Patty's day, we will have green beer today.

Do any other TBers work for a company that allows their employees to drink at work on special occasions?

2. What is the green beer?

I know the Stonehenge brewery do one called Sign of Spring. It is pretty unexceptional... except for the colour.

3. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Sorry for my lameness but who was St. Patty? Sounds like the old lady by the conor that had to much to drink over the years.

4. Not my employer. They're far too worried about being legally liable if a drunk employee gets crashes their car. On the rare occasions where we've had a party with alcohol, they give everyone only two "drink tickets" so that no one overdoes it.

5. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    I am a government contractor and sometimes we have cookouts where beer is served. The only rule is: if you drink any alcohol at all, you have to take the rest of the day off (from your vacation pool).

6. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    No way

7. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    The beer will be coming from a Micro Brewery called Greenshields. They will take a very good tasting Amber and add coloring.

During work hours, I have never seen anyone drink more than two beers or two glasses of wine. We eat lunch at 1pm and the earliest anyone leaves work is 4:30pm. That gives about 2-1/2 hours for the alcohol to work through the system.

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I've got a few workers here who took today off for partying, and tomorrow off for recovering.

\m/

9. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

according to the myth St. Patrick banished all the snakes in Ireland to the sea and is responsible for the absence of snakes on Ireland's soil.

the 17/3 is widely known as St. Patt's Day and while it is an Irish festive traditionally unique to Ireland and the city of Boston (where green tainting solution, the colour of St.Pat and of the good luck bestowing Shamrok, is induced into the river which runs through the city) it has become a world wide phenomenon to celebrate the day due to marketing by Irish beer and whiskey distributers.

I'm sure you'll find lots of drunk people in the local pub tonight, wearing Lepricon hats, wielding 1 liter beer glasses and singing whisky in the jar...I know thats what I'm gonna do tonight :)

10. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Sounds like a couple of my friends!

O'Dwyers here in Wake Forest will provide rides home to everyone who lives within 7 miles of the pub.