1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greetings from Sunny Maryland!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by sixesandsevens, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Hello all!

I've been playing guitar for 25+ years (sax for a few before that) and have recently started branching out to percussion, keys, and bass to get a different perspective on songwriting and expand my musicianship skills.

I found TalkBass through a google search for reviews and decided to join since it seems like a cool community and I've seen more than a few basses come through the deals coming through your for-sale area. I'm borrowing a bass right now, but I think I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on buying one of my own.

Thank you all for creating TalkBass and for sharing all of your knowledge, experience (and opinion) with the world!

2. Welcome to TB. :cool:

3. Thanks! :D

4. What part of md?

5. Ellicott City. Are you in the area too?

6. Yes. In fact, Ellicott city as well.

7. Check out Maryland/dc bassists club here on talkbass. We had a gear get together a few months ago. I met some really good people. Lots of support and nice gear.

8. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    It'll be great to get your perspective on a lot of different topics on TB. Don't hold back! The more comments and observations from experienced musicians, the better.

Check out the links in my sig. for some great TB info. :)

9. somdbass

somdbass

Jan 2, 2012
    another one here in MD...Calvert Country...