1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by ger1, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ger1

ger1

Jun 13, 2012
    Budapest, Hungary
    Hello fellow bass addicts,

My name is Gergő and I'm from Hungary. My friends call me Geri for short. :) I'm 21 and also a college student in Budapest. I found this forum browsing the net while having some serious G.A.S, and this site came up all the time, so I decided to register. Oh boy, was it worth it! :)

A few things about me:
    I basically grew up with music all around me, (Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Manfred Mann, etc.) my dad plays the guitar since high school, and when I was around 10 or so I started as well. I didn't really like it at first, but I managed to learn the chords and stuff and overall I think I became a decent guitar player. Since I always wanted to be original, and there was this huge wave of people around me picking up the guitar (for a few months only, but it was really scary at the time, lol) I decided I wanna try the bass. I always loved the bass, and my dad loved the idea of me playing it, so he whole heartedly agreed with my decision and soon I was rocking my beautiful 3TSB Squier Standard Jazz! :) That was almost 5 years ago. Been playing it ever since. :) :hyper:

Meanwhile my dad got mad and bought sh#@loads of gear, so I'm in a really good position to express my creative self and musicality. :)
    My sister also plays the piano/synth, and my cousin (who I live in an apartment with) rocks a Telecaster. My whole family is kinda musical. :D

Nowadays, apart from college, I'm working on a progressive rock kinda project with my cousin and a friend of mine who also plays the guitar. It's a great success so far, and I have really high hopes for it. I feel right home with bass, I can't even be arsed to play my dad's much more expensive guitars nowadays, I'd rather play a Jazz Bass anyday. Huge Fender fanboy here. :D

I think that's about it, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or PM me, I'll gladly answer! :) :bassist:

Geri