1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

(Groove/Funk) Bass videos/instructions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by hoxxx, Oct 10, 2004.

1. hoxxx

hoxxx

Oct 10, 2004
    I'm a new member, so greetings for starters! :)

(I don't really know in which forum was this subjectable, so I decided to hit the misc.)

Anyway, I was thinking about bass videos, do you guys know any place where I could find some bass/groove videos, mainly groove, like slap/pop thingys :)

I've been playing bass about 10 years, and I'm 19 years old, but only lately I've gotten into the groove and funk side.

So I was thinking, if you could help me with some videos. Or some good "starter" kind of lesson page for funk & groove bass-screwing.

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The Slap Bass Program by Alexis Sklarevski

Fingerstyle Funk by (Francis) Rocco Prestia

Funkifying the Clave by Lincoln Goines, Robbie Ammen

3. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
  4. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    PERFECT!!! I'd also like to add the standing in the shadows of motown book(with accompanying cds) for THE masterclass in groove playing . Every bassist should have this as a reference imo.

cheers

Murf

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The absolute best instructional video ever made. All others should be as clear and instructive as this one.

6. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Agreed, also if I'm not mistaken Alexis sklarevski was also reponsible for Rocco's "fingerstyle funk" video.

7. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Bob Ohlsson posts pretty often on the rec.audio.pro newsgroup. Pretty cool, huh?

Glenn D.

8. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    yep, he also posts on www.soulfuldetroit.com (along with bob babbit and some other funk brothers) :)

pretty cool indeed.