gsr 200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by azeng808, Jun 19, 2005.

1. azeng808

Dec 12, 2004
    Hey you guys, Im new to this forum. Well I am currently thinking about getting a ibanez gsr 200 bass or an olp mm2. Any other better choices within that price range? A good choice for an intermidiate player?
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The SX from Rondo is very popular here.

You can buy two for the price of one GSR200.
  3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The Ibanez is a good choice as are Peavey and Yamaha.

4. My suggestion is a Peavey Millenium BXP (Or Milestone for a P Bass.) They go for $220, and are FAR FAR FAR superior to a GSR, which in my opinion lacks a tone at all, very "useless" IMO.

You could get an SX from for around $120. They're mostly Fender styled J and P Bodies, but sub-brands like Douglas and Brice offer contemporary more modern bodies to chose from.

If I were You, I would get a Peavey Millenium BXP, and ride it out, I own one, and they are great for beginners!!!

I've heard OLP is hit or miss, mostly miss. Ive heard stories from "Its great, Ive owned it for a year, and no problems, and a great tone!" all the way to "the pots just fell out, and the pickup mounting screw broke... The the neck warped"

Don't just go by reviews, or by what WE say, get out the Guitar Center and play a few for yourself to see what you like more!!!

Hope I was helpful, and not hasty,
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Even better spend a bit more the Millennium AC BXP. An excellent instrument, quite playable, and good tone. It is the main backup to my Cirrus.

Great advice :)
  6. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The GSR is a fantastic bass! A GSR200 or any SX would be a great first bass.
  7. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    SX Definately.

Lake Placid Blue anybody?