Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GT-6B: Replace battery?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PhilMan99, Apr 28, 2005.

1. PhilMan99

PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I'm looking closely at the Boss (seemingly made by Roland...) GT-6B. I see that it displays a "battery low" indicator when the internal battery gets low - but you have to have the battery replaced by a "certified Roland Service Center"!

Anyone have any experience with this, to know:
    * How long does the battery last (months? years?)
    * Is it really something you can't replace yourself?

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    It's probably one of those quarter size batteries like the ones in a computer - no real big problem to change out. I haven't had the urge to open my GT-6B in the 6 months or so that I've had it. Heck, I hardly even use it. :(

3. PhilMan99

PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    Hardly even use it!? Could you elaborate? I'm planning on getting one, and assumed all of life's problems would be solved as a result! ;)

I'd be interested in knowing why you don't use yours more.

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I'm not bashing the GT-6B, I just have a hard time finding time to program it. The most difficult thing about it that I've found is getting all of the volume levels at the same setting. Combine this with using multiple basses at gigs and I could spend the better part of two days trying to get the thing set up. It may just be me.... I probably need to spend more quality time with it.