1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GT6B users questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mayers, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mayers

Mayers Guest

Sep 28, 2007
    I'm in the market to get something to spice up my playing. I was looking for the Boss GT6B.

Any pros - cons ?
    Can you uses it like 4 stomp box with expression pedal ( like an Red Hot Chili Peppers patch with autowah , wah , overdrive and some EQ ) ?

Thank for your answers

2. you can either set it so that each stomp pedal is a completely different patch (different EQ, amp/speaker sim + effects) or you can go into a single patch and have each of the pedals control a different effect.

It has pretty much all the effect types you want/need (chorus, delay, od, reverb, ring mod, and a bunch of others)

It also has fairly flexible signal routing options and parameter controls

cons are that the effects dont sound the greatest (especially the synth and wah effects) and it is a LOT of tweaking and saving and testing. I never used it in a live situation but I can imagine it could be a major pain to adjust something on the fly.

I had one for over a year then switched to single pedals. I'd probably pick one up again just to kick around again after I've had more experience with singles and in a band setting etc. If you can get one cheap go for it. It'll give you a good idea of what each effect sounds like and how to control them, but it will be very time consuming and possibly not the best live situation.

3. +1 to to coolrunner.

I have only had mine for about 2 weeks, and this weekend I use it live for the first time. I am not happy with the Over drive, but will keep playing with it. I am looking for a very mild OD and having a hard time finding it. Everything else sounds pretty decent, the manual isn't the greatest but does a fair job.

my only fault with it is that it doesn't have a line in for playing along with music.

However I bought a new sound card for my pc, an adapter to go from 1/4 to 1/8th, and that worked out well. Now I can record stuff too!

Take care.

4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    Amp modeling is not the greatest. If you want amp models do the POD. Effects are better on the GT, but with bass, they are a little sketchy sometimes.
    I had trouble with a really hot bass, so I ditched mine. I liked it, but I am happier with the POD and I do not use too many effects anyway.
    The GT-10b is coming. I am going to look into this when it comes.

5. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Coolrunner - How do you set it so each footswitch is a different patch?