Guild Pilot 5 score

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blues Bass 2, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Made my weekly trip to the local Music Go Round and sitting behind the counter was a flame maple cherry sunburst Guild Pilot 5 string.They'd just taken it in on a trade for a bunch of equipment and had a price tag of $300 on it.They were going to restring it and clean it up and ask about $450 for it.
    The neck and frets are in very good shape,it plays great.The B string is a little floppy but sounds good and it has a D tuner on it!The EMG Jazz pickups are pretty bright and clear sounding and the pots work fine also.The trussrod cover is missing and one of the strap buttons needs replacing,those are the only real things wrong with it.The finish on the body is in good shape too.Needless to say I plunked down $100 to hold it.I've been looking for a five to replace my MIA Jazz Deluxe 4 and this should be just the thing.One of the guitar players in my band is buying my Jazz the first of next month so I'll be able to pay off the Guild just in time for Christmas.Merry Christmas to me.
  2. Nice score! Post some picture when you have the time!

3. Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Ewwwwww, I love Guild products. ENJOY ! :)
  4. Congrats! The Pilot was a very underrated bass. Sounds like you got a good deal.
  5. Thanks everybody,the guys at that store always treat me great.I forgot to mention it comes with the original hard case and they threw in a set of Ken Smith strings.We've got a gig Dec.15 so hopefully I can pay it off before that.This deal was just being in the right place at the right time.