1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitar Center couldn't find my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by satchmobass, Sep 9, 2017.

1. satchmobass

satchmobass Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Salem, New Hampshire
    This is NOT a bash Guitar Center post. I've in general had very good experiences there (I understand it's a chain and...well it's a chain). I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue bringing a bass in and being told they can't find it in their used database or on eBay and therefore couldn't make an offer. I brought in an American Deluxe Precision Bass and they couldn't find a used price. They kept asking about the plate on it stating 60th anniversary, don't know if they thought it might be limited edition and not a regular American Deluxe. Anyone else have an issue like this? (Btw yes I already know, why the heck would I bring a bass into Guitar Center to potentially sell lol was looking at a potential trade).

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Does Guitar Center have Google?...

Sartori, satchmobass and Herrick like this.
  3. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
    satchmobass likes this.
  4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Sounds like you had the wrong employees helping you .
    Sometimes they don't know squat!!

satchmobass and MEKer like this.
  5. Fixed it for you.:thumbsup:

satchmobass and MEKer like this.
  6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    My understanding is that GC employees get training at the beginning. So, I suppose they are trained to be that way. :D

satchmobass likes this.
  7. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    The only training they get is to yell at you when you turn to amp up to see what the bass you may want to purchase really sounds like...the bastages! :spit:

satchmobass likes this.
  8. satchmobass

satchmobass Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Salem, New Hampshire
    I would have figured they'd check with another employee if they couldn't find it. Guess not. Oh well probably for the best.