Guitar Security

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Aug 23, 2004.

1. ok guys and gals, in a few days i leave for college, and i was wondering what i should do with my bass. as you've probably read in another one of my posts, i have my plan for an amp. now what should i do with my bass? i really want to bring my bass from hambone, but i am afraid it might get stolen...what has anybody done here to protect their basses? get a cheap bass, so if it gets stolen you won't cry about it? get a bunch of locks?
    help me out here!

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    1 word.....

3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    When I went to college I kept my bass in its case under my bed chained and padlocked to the bedframe. It couldn't be stolen unless they dismantled the bed. When I moved into a shared house I had a closet that I installed a locking doorknob on and I kept my valuables inside.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This man is sensible and does everything i do.

I however do one more thing, and i have an insurance policy for all of my things, and each of my bass items is named on that policy. I dont know how insurance works over in the US, but here you can list specific items.
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    That's a very good suggestion. I now have my basses covered on my homeowners insurance policy. You can also get a renters policy to cover instruments if you live in a dorm or apartment
  6. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    I did exactly the same as The Hammer.... the only difference was I had rental insurance on everything in my dorm room. It ran me about $60 a month for this but I thought it was money well spent.