Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GuitarJapan.com

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DaBassman, Feb 17, 2006.

1. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Has anyone purchased a bass from these guys? I was wondering about the customs duty they tell me I might have to pay. They say they think it is 5.4%.

Just wondering if there might be other fees also. They ship via EMS (USPS) so it can be tracked.

thanks

2. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    There are a few things that you could be charged on, such as tax, duty, brokerage fees (since you are using USPS, I don't think that would be a problem.)

3. stars

stars

Feb 11, 2006
    the 5% consumer tax >?

thats B******, you dont need to pay that unless you are japanese.

i would recommend ishibashi , they are more reputable and reliable. excellent sales service.

you can go google up their name. very very famous online japanese web-shop for music instruments , especially fender japan

4. I can only view the ishibashi website in japanese.. whats wrong? :confused: :confused:

EDIT: Well I get the picture now..... sorry my bad.

5. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I got my 62 RI Jazz fretless from them last October. There are only shipping charges. No Customs or Tax charges. They use EMS which is like our USPS Priority Mail. Your local postman will be the one delievering your bass. The shipping on mine was $110.....and that was it.

6. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Thanks! I thought it would just be the $120 shipping.
    What did you get? How was the quality?
    I'm a lefty and they have a great selection of lefty basses, stuff you can't find in the US.
    I found another Japanese site this morning that even had an Epiphone Viola (Gibson just told me yesterday that there were no lefty basses available in Epiphone line at all....)

7. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I got a '62 Reissue Jazz Fretless. Hands down, the best made Fender I have ever played or owned. The quality and construction is flawless. Came perfectly setup right out of the box! If I were to buy another Fender.....no doubt it will be from Japan.

[​IMG]

8. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Great!! That's the same one I want, except lefty and it's not fretless (I hope!)
    Enjoy!!!
    Thanks again

9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I just bought the best P-Bass ever from them last month. The shipping was $120, but it was packed very well and I had it in a week. I am more than willing to advocate buying from them!

This is it:

[​IMG]

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Japan has got a pretty cool guitar market , i sometimes like to look through some of the guitar shop sites over their.

11. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Yes, mine was also packed great. And just like they told me, it took 1 week. The only problem I had was it arrived the day after Hurricane Wilma! I had to wait a week for the power to come back on so I could fire up my amp to hear it! :crying:

12. if they made this one in a 5 i'd already have one.

[​IMG]

13. I've purchased Ibanez guitar parts from Ishibashi, and they were great to deal with. One person handled the whole transaction (Kuichi?). It was super smooth and the parts arrived within a week IIRC.

14. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    yes, but no lefty basses there that I could find....:crying:

15. stars

stars

Feb 11, 2006
    http://www.excite.co.jp/world/engli...ishibashi.co.jp/index.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

here ya go buddy

look at the bottom few. there are leftys there. dont hesistate to email ishibashi for queries and ask if they have any lefty's there. they tend to have A LOT of stock in real stores and not the web-shop.

for instance , they have a pretty healthy range of ESP and EDWARDS basses in there, but it isnt listed on the web-shop.

my only complaint against them was that my bass was not set up properly when it left the shop. action was pretty high.

16. centralharbor

centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    hawaii
    I just noticed on the guitar japan jazz basses, they have wierd screw patterns for their pickguards...

17. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    Do the Fender Japan basses have the truss rod access at the headstock, or at the neck heel like the vintage ones?

18. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Depends on the model. I think most (like mine) have it in the heel. But the lower cost CIJ models I've seen have it in the headstock.

19. Corwin

Corwin

May 8, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    You know, I was looking for an electricity base, and the following blurb sold me on the JB62-75US:

"Fender U.S.A that expands the tone cooking stove to the Alda body . Picking up is installed. '62 version that makes the best use of sound character to its maximum."

I'm getting it in Orshantarcoizmetaricc.

20. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I am going back for that one next!