Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guvnor Acoustics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Feb 28, 2006.

1. i went to see my teaching schedule for this week at the store i teach at and noticed that the boss :p had some new acoustics, Guvnor's apparently, rather nicely priced, and looked purdy....gave the two of them a once over and liked them a hell of a lot...

heres the slightly cheaper one
    [​IMG]
    and the slightly more expensive one
    [​IMG]

i like the headstock of the expensive one better
    [​IMG]

but i gotta say the cheaper one was better overall IMO, smaller body, although the flame maple top looks a little cheesy, it was a very nice bass, the other was good, almost as good, had a bigger sound but was a little too big, especially after playing the smaller on..

but the cool thing with this brand is that they come with a credit card style warranty, 5 years and you use the card as proof of purchase

www.guvnor.com

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Look interesting, but remember, smaller body = less sound. A good ABG is generally pretty darn big for a good reason.

3. thats what i thought.but plugged in, it sounded huge....a bit more punchy than the larger one