1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guvnor Acoustics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Feb 28, 2006.

1. i went to see my teaching schedule for this week at the store i teach at and noticed that the boss :p had some new acoustics, Guvnor's apparently, rather nicely priced, and looked purdy....gave the two of them a once over and liked them a hell of a lot...

heres the slightly cheaper one
    [​IMG]
    and the slightly more expensive one
    [​IMG]

i like the headstock of the expensive one better
    [​IMG]

but i gotta say the cheaper one was better overall IMO, smaller body, although the flame maple top looks a little cheesy, it was a very nice bass, the other was good, almost as good, had a bigger sound but was a little too big, especially after playing the smaller on..

but the cool thing with this brand is that they come with a credit card style warranty, 5 years and you use the card as proof of purchase

www.guvnor.com

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Look interesting, but remember, smaller body = less sound. A good ABG is generally pretty darn big for a good reason.

3. thats what i thought.but plugged in, it sounded huge....a bit more punchy than the larger one