Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ha ha! Philly chokes again!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It doesn't matter when they'll, they'll choke!

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Funny cos I was at a picnic on the weekend and put some philly cheese on a cracker and started choking too! :D

3. T.O. actually had a great game...over 100+ recieving yards. Without him, it would of been a total blowout, i think.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I was impressed with his performance. Freddie Mitchell, however, did EXACTLY what I expected of him. :scowl:

5. yeah, TO had all pretty much all the big gains of the game for philly...but this game does help my theory that Donovan McNabb really isn't as good as everybody thinks...from what i saw, almost all his passes were really off, and the recievers are the ones who should be praised for being able to pull that stuff in!
    and it didn't help that pinkston went out...philly needed him BAD!

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I noticed that alot of the ball that Pinkston caught were behind him. He did a great job as well.

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Say it with me....

DYNASTY!!!!

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    MAN!!!

I'm having a hard time being a lifelong Massachusetts resident dealing with having league champs in Baseball (?!??!) and Football but not Basketball or Hockey!!!!

Still, The World Series and Superbowl in the same year was SWEET!!!! We may just get used to being proud of our teams once again!!

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +1

What a game.

10. McNabb should have gotten MVP... for the pats. His performance shamed the Eagles for about half the game.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    New England.....you broke my heart two weeks ago. But now I thank you for shutting up those annoying people from Philly. I can go to work now, and not have to listen to any more trash talk from the couple people in my building from Philly who reminded me every day for the last two weeks how THEY were going to do to New England what Pittsburgh wasn't able to.

On paper, it was a three point game. Philly never had a serious chance to win that game. New England was like a predator that "plays" with it's prey before it kills it. It was almost funny to watch them lull Philly into a fall sense that they actually had a chance.

-Mike

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ...then comes that inevitable pick, and the Patriots win. :)

13. yea.. they lost :(

but on a good note, I won $5 on the cointoss, $50 for first quater points and an Eagles t-shirt.

I lost $4.50 betting dimes if it was going to be a run or pass play every play of the game.

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea, just like Atlanta... even with or without Vick or Dan Reeves... ;)

as for McNabb, yea, 357 yrds is shameful alright. especially when you had to carry half your team into the 4th, and bring them within 3 points of the game. yea, shameful. as for dominating? eh, Givens for Owens. Dillon for Westbrook. Pat's D line for the Eagles D line. as it is with many of the Pat's close post season clinchers, whether it was down to the wire or not, it all came down to a certain mr. vinatieri. :spit:

say all you want, but the iggles'll be in Detriot next year. NE? with the loss of both Charlie Weis leaving for Notre Dame, and Romeo Crennel leaving for the Browns, both of whom helped take the Pats to 2 previous, we'll see if Belly's really the genius they say...

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Uh, losing one conference championship game when you're the underdog isn't choking. Losing 3 in a row at home when you're favored, is. CHOKE!!!

16. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Fred "The Hammer" Williamson of Present Day!
    ...the only thing missing was the stretcher!

17. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm not being a 'homer'...IMO, Philly had their chances to win this thing.
    Not scoring anything on their 1st encounter inside the Pats' Red Zone came back to haunt them(INTs on 2 consecutive 'floaters').
    Personally, I'm wondering why McNabb didn't run more.
    And Philly's "D" buckled just enough & the Pats took advantage as great teams are supposed to.

18. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    It still stings, eh, Woods?
    ;)

Anyhow, it's not about 'the CHOKE'...it's about 'the CURSE'!
    William Penn still rulz!!!

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Not at all. It wasn't our time. Besides, Philly had to finish their flop! Seriously, they did have their chances. BTW, how come when others lose, it's choking, but when Philly, Chicago, or Boston loses, it's a "curse"? :rollno: Hell, we could use the same excuse. Back when they built Atlanta stadium, they kicked this old woman out of her house, and took her property to build it. Before she left, she did some little curse thingy and said, "Whoever plays here will never win the top prize."

20. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Good Morning, Woods!!!

A CURSE takes time.
    With Philly, Boston, & Chicago...I mean, c'mon-
    We're talking years!

So, 30 years from now, don't be surprised when you've got "the Curse of the Ol' Hag's House".

;)