Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Had a good gig!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by soundoholic, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Last Friday and Saturdy my band played in Chadron, Nebrasa at Joker's. The place was packed full of college kids. There were over 400 people there Saturday night.

It was actually pretty scary saturday night since there was zero security and the whole crowd started to jump around to anything we played, I'm talking blind melon. A few people started crowd surfing but most of them never new how to do it well. People went balistic when we closed with some Rage Against the Machine, not a good way to calm a crowd down.

The owner actually said he was going to have to call an engineer to check out his floor joists before he books us. You could feel the floor moving from people jumping together.

The only bad part was the gig was on the second floor and it had no ramp so we had to cary all of our gear up, but it ended up being well worth it. Check out our site to see the pictures.

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Congrats man, that's awesome. I had a gig last Thursday, and I thought 75 was a good turn out! :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist: