Half my rig needs help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by skygoose, Feb 7, 2006.

1. skygoose

Feb 7, 2006
    Busy classic rock cover band, fender j geddy lee bass, 2 sided d.i. rig. A/B clean/dirty: A, clean, Avalon d.i., very happy, smooth as silk, but I find myself on this all night with my pickup knobs and tone control hard over to get a more driven sound because: B, dirty, hartke bass attack d.i. sounds so "solid state". I have a d.i. rig because I don't wan't a massive miked backline tube rig, but I miss that warm fuzzy feeling when I want to play some cream or zepp et al. Am I not getting everything I can out of the Hartke d.i. or is there another option, or do I have to start carrying cabs and heads again?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    There's many a tube emulator/real tube overdrive pedals out there. If you're looking for tone shaping and great tube OD, check out the Sansamp Bass Driver DI.
  3. skygoose

Feb 7, 2006
    My rig prabably needs "geeked". I'm considering making some changes - what do you need to know?
  4. skygoose

Feb 7, 2006
    I was advised when I bought it that the hartke bass attack had a comparable sound to the sans amp at a lower price, but I have never heard the two compared live. As I'm new to the forum, it seems that the sans amp unit is much more popular.

If my rig gets geeked I will probably look to rack up everything, sans amp tech 21 rbi would probably be what i'm looking for?