Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hang over cure

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Today one of my brothers turned 21. Were goin out , im takin him to a strip club and were gonna get wasted with the guys. The only thing is I gotta work tomarrow, not till 2 though, so ill get some sleep . But i still got work, so tell me your hangover cures , that WORK. Thanks a billioin .

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

3. its easy to say, but when theres a beer in front of me, its like saying no to someone offering me a free Rickenbacker or something.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Drink heaps of water before you go to bed and if possible take a multi-vitamen tablet or a berrocca (ie vitamen B tablet) before you go to bed.

Try not to go to the bathroom too much during the night out and when you go to bed.

When you get up in the morning, drink lots of water and go for a walk / jog - exercise helps.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    wow! sorry to hear that. good luck... you could always just call out.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    1-2 advil before you start drinking. That and exercise the morning after; lets you sweat out all the alcohol left in your system.

Works for me.

7. The heaps of water before going to bed is crucial - this is the number one priority.

Excercise works, but if you can't will yourself up to it a good greasy breakfast usually helps soak up the pain I find.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Have a bean burrito from Taco Bell, seriously. Drink plenty of water before you start drinking, and after your last drink.

-Mike

9. The reason a hangover occurs is due to the dehydration that your body experiences after flushing out the massive amounts of alcohol you drank. The main way to avoid a hangover is, like everyone has been saying, drinking water before bed. My hangover "cure" that hasn't failed me yet, is 2 Ibuprofen (for the headache) and 4 full glasses of water. I wake up in the morning perfectly fine.

10. ^^^ this is very true. i've had a hangover simply from being sick on bad chinese food and throwing up a lot. drinking lots of water works very well.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I'vw only had a couple hang overs ever and it was when I didnt have plenty of water handy.

Drink lots of water and pee a lot and drink plenty of water and pee a lot and drink plenty of water and pee alot and rink plenty of water all night long, not just as a finisher. It should be part of your nightly routine.

12. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    and as a backup plan in case you dont get enough water and still wake up quesy. eat some french fries or something greasy to settle your stomach. i know it sounds like a horrible idea but it works for everyone i have met.

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    for every drink, drink a glass of water.

i don't know if that only works with champagne though :meh:

14. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Realise that you're drunk. Then stop drinking. That's how I avoid the hangover. Of course, it's hard to realise that you're drunk when you're, er, drunk.

Water. Drink lots of water. I mean LOTS.

15. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Big meal prior and, as everyone else has said, lots of water.

No so much a hangover cure as it is hangover prevention.

The best hangover cure? Either not drinking, or not sobering. Either way, it works.

16. it's expensive, but pedialyte is the best for rehydration. or so i've heard. i don't drink, so i don't know from firsthand experience, but the pros i know use pedialyte -- it's better than gatorade or water.

robb.

17. Eeeeeeewwwwwwww...

As for hangover cures...well, I couldn't really tell you what I use, because I find I don't get hungover. It could be that my body's used to not having much water in it (I find that quite often I don't drink nearly enough water/liquid in one day, but I don't get headaches until it's been going on for 5 - 7 days), but I have never, ever had a hangover.

And I know it can't possibly be the drinks in Hong Kong, because all my friends have had some really bad hangovers. But even then, I try to drink as much water as I feel like I'm able before sleeping, as well as eating something. Of course, my favorite place to eat after a night of drinking, even though I don't drink much, is the kind of dingy Chinese restaurant that probably made dancehallclasher throw up and get a hangover, only it's good food. About 60% food, 40% oil. :D

18. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    If you don't have to get up until 2 you will be fine.