1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Happy B-Day Stanley Clarke

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    News so irrestible, even CNN had to throw in a "Jazz bassist Stanley Clarke; 53". Happy 53rd Stanley!

2. Cool - seeing Stanley in a couple of weeks at Ronnie Scott's in London - hope he doesn't dissapoint - happy B'Day Stan - mine's on July 15th - so we're both Cancerians - extra cool.

3. You're both cancerous, even?

Ahem...
    I saw Stan live on his first gig since...however long it'd been, at the Key Club during my freshman year. Wow, I make myself sound kind of old.
    Anyway, he was AMAZING, and I don't think it's possible for him to disappoint. Enjoy the show. :)

Oh yeah, and happy Bday, Stan.

4. happy birthday to all and to all a good night!!1

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Happy Birthday fellow bassist....oh, wait... <small> *** moves thread to bassists *** </small>

6. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Hey, we do Happy-Bday threads in Off Topic all the time. Yet, they are not moved to Bassists. Why, because they're famous? :eyebrow:

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    yup.

8. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Big ups to Stanley. A true Legend.

Happy B-Day!

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Which day are you seeing him on? There's a chance I might be able to make it down for this gig.

10. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    BUMP FAO urb_munki