Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy B-Day Stanley Clarke

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    News so irrestible, even CNN had to throw in a "Jazz bassist Stanley Clarke; 53". Happy 53rd Stanley!

2. Cool - seeing Stanley in a couple of weeks at Ronnie Scott's in London - hope he doesn't dissapoint - happy B'Day Stan - mine's on July 15th - so we're both Cancerians - extra cool.

3. You're both cancerous, even?

Ahem...
    I saw Stan live on his first gig since...however long it'd been, at the Key Club during my freshman year. Wow, I make myself sound kind of old.
    Anyway, he was AMAZING, and I don't think it's possible for him to disappoint. Enjoy the show. :)

Oh yeah, and happy Bday, Stan.

4. happy birthday to all and to all a good night!!1

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Happy Birthday fellow bassist....oh, wait... <small> *** moves thread to bassists *** </small>

6. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Hey, we do Happy-Bday threads in Off Topic all the time. Yet, they are not moved to Bassists. Why, because they're famous? :eyebrow:

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  8. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Big ups to Stanley. A true Legend.

Happy B-Day!

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Which day are you seeing him on? There's a chance I might be able to make it down for this gig.

10. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    BUMP FAO urb_munki